Electric Vehicle Technology
The aim of our Electric Vehicle Technology lab is to provide students with the skills and knowledge required to maintain and repair Electric and Hybrid vehicles.
We provide instruction at three levels:
1. Complete Vehicle Systems
These are based on large panel trainers that illustrate the operation of complete EV and Hybrid Vehicle systems.
Students can "operate" each type of vehicle, measure what is going on during the various modes of operation, and troubleshoot common problems.
2. Common EV Sub-Systems
Panel trainers provide each student with underpinning knowledge and troubleshooting experience with the most critical EV sub-systems such as:
- Motors and Drives
- Charging Systems
3. EV Electrical and Electronics Fundamentals
A desktop training system provides very specific instruction and practice in the basic skills that are going to be required by students as they complete their studies.
Topics covered include:
- Circuit Protection
- Conductors, Insulators, and Earth Return
- Voltage, Current, Resistance, and Power Calculations
- DC and AC Signals... and much more!
A typical Electric Vehicle Technology skills lab configuration could include the following resources:
- Electric Vehicle Systems Panel Trainer
- EV Batteries and Charging Panel Trainer
- EV Motors and Generators Panel Trainer
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Panel Trainer
- Hybrid Vehicle Systems Panel Trainer
- Electric Vehicle Electronics Workstation
- Modern Starting and Charging Systems Trainer
- Modern Auxiliary Systems Trainer
- Modern Automotive Lighting Circuits Trainer
Electric Vehicle Technology Skills Brochure
College Products Catalog
Working with STEM AutoLab Brochure
Medium/Heavy Duty Truck Brochure