Electric Power Steering Trainer
The unit allows students to see the benefits of electric assist steering by comparing the rotational force delivered to the rack-and-pinion system with that provided by the steering wheel.
Switched faults are included for student troubleshooting activities. A built-in OBDII data link connector allows fault codes to be accessed using a scantool.
Designed for group or whole-class demonstration, the trainer is mounted on a self-contained steel frame and is fitted with castors for ease of movement.
This resource is supplied with a manual containing practical tasks and activities.
The trainer may be used in conjunction with our optional cloud-based software, which offers online interactive theory presentations, investigations, and assessments covering a wide range of supporting automotive topic areas.
- Open plan design allows students hold the steering wheelshaft and the power steering motor shaft to compare the forces produced
- Students can measure the current drawn by the electric assist system
- Operates from a 12V car battery or power supply unit
- Includes control module, power steering motor, and OBDII data link connector
- Fault insertion unit provides four switched faults for student troubleshooting activities
- Practical activity manual
Trainer Dimensions (W x D x H):
1000 x 750 x 1600 mm / 40 x 30 x 63 inches
Packed Volume: Approx 2.4m3 / 85ft3
Packed Weight: Approx 150kg / 331lb