The practical activities based around the Electromagnetism Card are available within the digital curriculum materials provided with our Electronics Study Trainer.
Practical tasks include the following:
- Reed switch operation
- Hall effect sensor investigation
- Field strength of an electromagnet
- Field shape and direction for an electromagnet
- Electromagnetic induction and solenoid operation
- Transformer voltages and turns ratio
- Transformer power and efficiency
- DC motor operation
- DC motor-generator investigation
- Fault-finding electromagnetic devices
Please Note: This card requires access to an Electronics Study Trainer (320-00).