Common Rail Diesel Engine (CAN Control) Trainer
This trainer provides the instructor with a complete common rail diesel engine with an engine management system for group or whole-class demonstration. It is mounted on a moveable, heavy-duty, steel frame. The system comprises all the elements that control the injector timing and the exhaust emissions together with the ECU and all the sensors and actuators associated with the control system.
The system is expandable to enable fault conditions to be inserted and for these faults to be diagnosed with specialist test equipment.
The trainer allows the instructor to demonstrate the following:
- The position and mounting of all engine components
- Engine management system fundamentals
- The electronic control unit (ECU)
- Sensor components
- Actuator components
- Pressurized fuel systems
- Fuel injection components
- Turbocharger components
- Exhaust emission control components
- Fault finding