Transducers, Instrumentation and Control Teaching Set
The Transducers, Instrumentation and Control Teaching Set (217-00) introduces students to input sensors, output actuators, signal conditioning circuits, and display devices through a wide range of hands-on practical activities.
The package includes:
- Transducers, Instrumentation and Control Trainer (217-50)
- Data Acquisition of Control Systems (217-61)
With 26 different input transducers, 12 output transducers, 26 signal conditioning circuit elements, and integrated power supplies, the Transducers and Instrumentation Trainer 217-50 is the most comprehensive trainer available. The transducer and signal conditioning elements of this trainer are typical of those used throughout industry.
Transducers, Instrumentation and Control Teaching Set – Typical activities include:
- Compare the applications of a carbon track variable resistor with those of a wire-wound type
- Deduce temperature from a voltage reading across a transducer
- Compare the various methods of measuring sound signals
- Select a suitable display device for a particular voltage measurement
- Investigate the construction and characteristics of an air flow transducer
- Determine the characteristics of an ON/OFF control system
- Investigate the characteristics of a speed control system