Superhet Receiver Card
The practical activities based around the Superhet Receiver Card are available within the digital curriculum materials provided with our Electronics Study Trainer.
Practical tasks include the following:
- Measuring the intermediate frequency (IF) and local oscillator (LO) frequency of a superhet receiver
- Exploring the radio frequency (RF) amplifier
- Measuring the bandwidth of an intermediate amplifier stage
- Measuring tuned gain of an intermediate amplifier stage
- Recognizing the function performed by a multistage IF amplifier
- Determining the need for automatic gain control (AGC)
- Observing the operation of AGC
Please Note: This card requires access to an Electronics Study Trainer (320-00).