Anti-Lock Braking Systems Panel Trainer
This trainer provides students and instructors with the opportunity to demonstrate, investigate and fault-find a simulation of a typical 4-wheel anti-lock braking system. The trainer is designed to demonstrate ABS hydraulic and electrical system operation, as well as provide the ability to simulate changes in road conditions that impact ABS operation.
To facilitate the development of techniques in diagnostics and fault-finding skills, the Anti-Lock Braking Systems Panel Trainer includes a range of fault-insertion options to simulate typical real-world system malfunctions.
Typical practical tasks include:
- Principles of braking systems and vehicle acceleration/deceleration
- Identify the phases of ABS operation
- Test the operation of ABS sensors and switches
- Concepts of wheel spin and slip
- Effects of slip on wheel braking and vehicle stability
- Basic concepts of an ABS system
- Static operation of an ABS system, covering pressure isolation, pressure dump, pressure increase and pressure normal
Did you find what you were looking for?
Take a look at our full range of automotive training resources