The board is housed in an injection molded storage case, and is supplied with a set of wire links for circuit interconnections. These links are made from standard 0.6mm wire and are in a range of color-coded lengths to simplify circuit construction.
The module is ideal for activities requiring students to handle and interconnect real electronic components, such as practical assignments or student project work.
Built-in support circuitry includes:
- Logic sources (eight binary switches, two buffered pushbutton switches, two inverters).
- Variable-frequency clock signal.
- Audio amplifier and loudspeaker.
- Variable capacitor.
- Uncommitted switches (one pushbutton, two changeover).
- Variable resistors.
- Eight buffered logic monitor LEDs.
- Access to base unit power supplies and function (fault) relays.
- Connection panel for multimeters and oscilloscope.